Products and services
Beer and Soft drinks
Operating in eight countries in Europe, SABMiller has 800 unique SKUs consisting of hundreds of types of materials. The challenge was to manage product cost planning for each individual product, simulate new products and model recipe changes in limited time and with maximum quality.
With eight similar but slightly different Excel-based systems for product cost calculation, analysis, and comparison, preparation and collection of data was costly and time-consuming.
The project followed these key objectives:
- Introduce a uniform process to support planning, budgeting and forecasting of product costs.
- Define, design, implement, and roll out a solution across Europe to support the process.
- Be able to simulate recipes changes on the fly and understand the implications of a changed recipe, from original brewing to final packaging.
With a product cost analyser solution based on the SAP Business Planning and Consolidation application, SABMiller was able to introduce a uniform process and roll out the solution across Europe to support planning, budgeting, and forecasting of product costs at the brewery level.
The project was awarded with the SAP Gold Quality Award at EMEA level for year 2015 in Fast delivery category as best SAP project from 96 countries in EMEA region!
The project has been delivered by consultants of the MIBCON Group.
- Improved effectiveness of product cost planning across the EU.
- €467,000 savings found by comparing cost elements across Europe.
- Time needed to prepare a cost calculation reduced by 1 day in 91% of cases.
- Enablement of quick brewery-on-brewery cost benchmarks with identification of saving opportunities.
- Replacement of spreadsheets and non-standard models with standardized, robust and scalable system.
- Ability to simulate recipe changes on the fly and understand the economic implications.
- Automatic benchmarking of breweries.
- Direct upload od SKUs and recipe details from the productive SAP software system.
- Centralized management of master data and calculations.