Plzeň, Czech Republic
Products and services
The City of Pilsen needed to improve collection of budget data from its organizational units and city-funded institutions. Meeting numerous legal and management requirements on quality, detail and auditability of data was increasingly harder to achieve. Existing approach relying on heavy load of manually processed spreadsheets and emails had to be replaced.
Together with the controlling department, we designed and implemented a solution with SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (BPC) at the center. The new solution streamlined, improved and integrated all the core budgeting processes – budget data collection, multi-level budget revision and approval, preparation of reports, continual actual to budget evaluation, forecasting and budget change management.
The project has been delivered by consultants of the MIBCON Group.
- Budget changes under control – managed approval mechanism.
- Optimized data collection process freeing-up time and resources for value-adding tasks.
- Security – full control over individual access to data.
- Transparency and accountability – complete audit trail of data and system changes.
- Tight bi-directional integration with SAB BW / SAP ERP.
- Elimination of manual compilation of reports.
- Support for offline collection of data from remote municipal units using automatized distribution and collection of input schedules.
- Keeping MS Excel as the main user interface leading to outstanding user adoption.
- Enforced data quality – guided budget entries, input checks, automatic data consistency validations, automatic formal corrections and advanced support for data commenting.